Man, Monday was a bit brutal, glad it’s long gone 🙂 Towards the end of last week I was in Chicago doing retail audits for work. I just love Chicago – the food, the sites, the ease of getting around – it’s just a FABulous city! Although the trip was non-stop, I had a wonderful time exploring, dining and making new memories with friends!
Whenever I travel I make it a point to investigate the foodie scene, and in Chicago there are a TON of places to satisfy any appetite! This time around I wanted to show my co-worker a few of my faves and we got to add a new one to my list!
1. Table Fifty-Two: They start you off with their signature biscuits – ours were stuffed with goat cheese and herby yumminess! The Deviled Eggs are a signature and a MUST. We split a flatbread and I got the Beet Salad – we were both still a bit full from our lunch at Little Goat! My cocktail of choice was the Shimmering Ice Queen – delic! We ended the meal with the Chocolate Bar – their take on a deconstructed Snickers bar – and was YUMM-O!
2. The Doughnut Vault: This place is an experience! The space is so unique and the doughnuts are memorable – big, fluffy and delicious! The doors open at 8 and it closes as soon as the last doughnut is served!
3. Little Goat: Being a Top Chef fan I couldn’t wait to try Stephanie Izard’s newest restaurant edition in the form of a diner. The space was the perfect mix of diner and chic – not overdone in any way! The food was so good – I had the Los Drowned, Scott had the Fish Tostadas and we shared the Goat Chili Cheese Fries. Portions were very large, but honestly I think anything in the place is delicious!
4. My additional FAVES: Garrett Popcorn (Chicago Style – the perfect snack), Grahamwich (a sandwich shop perfect for lunch or a snack – the bacon/ranch chips and root beer float are a staple) and Girl and the Goat (Stephanie Izard’s first restaurant, amazing – great food, beautiful atmosphere and scrumptious!)
The point of my trip was to investigate the retail scene – but MY GOODNESS was it hard to resist my desires to shop! Nearly everything in Zara was calling my name, but I held my ground (and probably ate a bit more than usual because of it 😉 )
1) NikeTown: Simply amazing! The updated store embodies the brand to perfection. I loved this display of Duke (D’s fave team) and my Buckeyes. Also, the way they incorporated the city into the store was very well done!
2) Jonathan Adler: His store is all about who he is! I loved the way he incorporated the brands manifesto throughout the store experience. My favorites – We believe dogs should be allowed in stores and restaurants AND We believe you should throw out your Blackberry and go pick some actual blackberries!
3) Timberland: Their flagship on Michigan Avenue isn’t anything super special to they eyes, but if you make your way to the back of the store they showcase the eco-friendly elements that went into the locations construction – I just love that element of transparency!
4) AT&T Flagship: This store is over the top and draws shoppers in from the streets with their use of large virtual screens and the brands bright colors. I really liked this display of leather goods – and they also have specialty items only found in that location.
5) Virgin Mobile Flagship: Cool. Just totally cool. They have a shrine to Lady Gaga and her Little Monsters as well as old tour trunks from various musicians like the Rolling Stones that are used to display phone covers.
6) Burberry Flagship: Without even seeing the name on the front of the store you would know it was a Burberry location. The brands iconic check pattern covers the exterior and greets you at the entrance. I loveddd these two jackets – and could probably live in them!
7) Space519: I always stop at this boutique – I just love everything about it! While we were in town they were hosting the gentlemen of Decades as a pop-up shop. They had vintage items from Chanel, Prada, Gucci – basically all my friends, tehehe! I also came across this fabulous and intricately made bag by Brachfeld Parlaghy – it’s officially been added to my Wish List!
Finally, just me with my peeps! My co-worker Scott looking HOT in my only take-away from the trip – green Google Chrome glasses I snatched for completing a survey! And then me and my friend Nikki having a BLAST dancing and cheesing for St. Patrick’s Day!
I hope you had a FUN weekend as well!
“I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met.” – John Green